What we collect We may collect the following information from you, including, but not limited to:
- postal / e-mail address;
- date of birth;
- phone numbers;
- identification card or passport number;
- bank details/ credit card(s) details;
- information in audio and/or video format (including voice, video recording, closed-circuit television and security recording); images (including photographs); and
- any information necessary to provide you with details on the products and services offered by GBR.
What we do with the personal data collected
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. The purposes for which your personal data may be used include, but not limited to:
- providing sales/services/products/facilities or benefits offered by GBR or any other third parties appointed by us or on our behalf;
- the setting up, managing and maintaining customer/vendor’s accounts with GBR;
- verification of your financial standing through credit reference/reporting checks and / or risk assessment or evaluation;
- processing any payment(s) due to you or collection of any payment(s) payable to SDI for any sales of products and/or services;
- general administration, periodic credit review and updating of GBR’s customers and/or vendors information and accounts;
- providing / notifying and / or updating you with information on sales/services/product offers, upcoming events, conferences, seminars and / or any form of promotion and marketing activities (including business card collections via fish bowl method or during previous events organised by us) in relation to the products and services offered by GBR;
- conducting internal marketing analysis / statistical analysis on GBR’s pool of customers / vendors and / or relevant third parties;
- registration and / or effecting any dealings with regulatory bodies in relation to the machines / equipment / products sold or services provided by GBR;
- monitoring and ensuring the safety and security of our visitors and/or third parties entering into and exiting from any of our facilities/premises;
- administering and giving effect to the processing of any documentations in relation to any commercial transaction(s) entered into and/or any potential commercial transactions to be entered into between customers/vendors and/or relevant third parties with GBR;
- responding to any of your queries and / or requests or providing you with information that may be of interest and relevant to you;
- for publications and publicity materials in relation to GBR;
- implementing and maintaining information technology systems, including storing and processing data in computer databases and servers located in and outside of Malaysia;
- where GBR considers that such use or disclosure of personal data is necessary to protect our interests, to respond to or initiate any claims or legal processes, howsoever arising;
- as part of GBR’s corporate governance, audit and compliance purposes with any regulatory, statutory or legal obligations imposed on GBR by any relevant authority in the conduct of our business;
- to better manage our business relationship with you;
- for participation in forums, surveys, contests and / or any other interactive platforms; and
- for any other purposes which are not specifically mentioned herein, but are deemed to be required or permitted by any law, regulations, rules and guidelines issued or implemented by any and/or relevant regulatory authorities. (collectively, “the Purposes”)
It is obligatory that you supply us with your Personal Data for the Purposes specified above. If you fail to provide us with your Personal Data, we may not be able to process and/or disclose your personal data for any of the above Purposes and/or such other purposes related to the Purposes.
By submitting your personal data in the various forms in this website, if any, you hereby consent to us processing (including disclosing) your personal data for the Purposes and/or for any other purposes related to the Purposes.
If you do not consent or subsequently withdraw your consent to the processing and disclosure of your personal data, we would not be able to fulfill our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and/or for any other purposes related to the Purpose.
Accessing and controlling your personal data
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. Upon your advice, we may use your personal data to send you promotional materials about third parties which may be of interest to you.
You may at any time, submit your request for access to your personal data and/or limit our processing of your personal data, in the event:
- you require access to and / or wish to make corrections to your personal data subject to compliance of such request for access or correction not being refused under the provisions of the Act and/or existing laws;
- you wish to enquire about your personal data;
- you wish to discuss the possible choices and means to limit our processing of your personal data; and
- you are no longer agreeable to us retaining, holding or storing your personal data. However, please note that this may result in us not being able to properly perform or discharge our obligations to you, in relation to the Purposes.
by contacting us as follows:
By mail : Company Secretary
Gobyrent Sdn Bhd
No. 95, Jalan Radin Bagus
Bandar Baru Seri Petaling
57000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
By email : email@example.com
By telephone : (012) 382 7941